When the thyroid produces less thyroid hormone, its metabolism slows down. This is known as hypothyroidism, myxoedema or useless thyroid. It is also known as Hashimoto's disease.
The main causes of ineffective thyroid are:
Hashimoto's Disease - Antibodies are an autoimmune disease that first triggers the thyroid and then destroys it.
Pituitary or hypothalamic failure can cause secondary hypothyroidism
Genetic Dysfunction - Congenital thyroid dysfunction or programmed to fail for some time in adult life a behaviour.
Environmental challenges or disorders - chemicals and certain foods and beverages can cause thyroid problems
Previous thyroid surgery or radioactive iodine therapy
Treatment for hyperthyroidism
Proper absorption of synthetic thyroxine
Lack of conversion from T4 to T3
Hypothyroidism is most commonly seen in women between the ages of 40 - 50 and is ten times more common in women than men. It often occurs during the menopausal years, and patients and doctors often ignore the symptoms in the early stages of the patient is at this age.
The Association of Clinical Biochemistry, Indian Thyroid Association. "The prevalence of spontaneous hypothyroidism is 1-2%" (about 2 out of every 100 people) but some doctors believe the rate is much higher.
Those with lower thyroid hormone levels (T4 and T3) in the lower fifth, quarter, third or half reference range, and an upper fifth, quarter, third or half TSH reference range have a higher risk of disease or even death.
In his opinion, thyroid deficiency is 20% to 50% of a standard population (20 - 50 out of every 100).
Click for more info: https://bit.ly/3cbhCSU
- 500.00 ₹
- May 6, 2020
- Telangana, Hyderabad, Hyderabad
- Other Services
- Avoid scams by acting locally or paying with PayPal
- Never pay with Western Union, Moneygram or other anonymous payment services
- Don't buy or sell outside of your country. Don't accept cashier cheques from outside your country
- This site is never involved in any transaction, and does not handle payments, shipping, guarantee transactions, provide escrow services, or offer "buyer protection" or "seller certification"